Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 8:58 PM EDT on September 16, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 18, 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the St Mary's River at Macclenny.
* Until Thursday morning... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:45 PM Tuesday the stage was 12.6 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
early Thursday morning.
* Impact... at 12.0 feet... this will cause minor flooding of low lying
areas and Timber lands.
Fld observed 7am EST / 8am EDT forecast
location stg stg day time Wed Thu Fri Sat sun
Macclenny 12 12.6 Tue 09 PM 12.4 11.9 11.4 11.0 10.5
Lat... Lon 3035 8220 3034 8203 3062 8198 3062 8204 3038 8207 3041 8221
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 2:56 AM EDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... High rip current risk in effect through late Thursday night...
The National Weather Service in Jacksonville has issued a high
rip current risk... which is in effect through late Thursday
* Timing... a high risk of rip currents is expected through
Thursday... as swells from Edouard enter the coastal waters.
* Impacts... rip currents are strong and dangerous... flowing
quickly away from shore.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report