Current Watches and Warnings
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 10:43 PM CDT on April 23, 2014
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 87 remains in effect until 1100 PM CDT
for the following locations
. Kansas counties included are
Barton cloud Decatur
Gove Graham Jewell
Lincoln Logan Mitchell
Norton Osborne Phillips
Republic Rooks Russell
Sheridan Smith Thomas
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 10:26 PM CDT on April 23, 2014
Expires 2:30 AM EDT on April 24, 2014
... Flash Flood Warning remains in effect for northwestern Graham...
southeastern Decatur... southern Norton... Sheridan and southeastern
Thomas counties until 130 am CDT...
At 1023 PM CDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
thunderstorms with very heavy rainfall across the warned area.
Rainfall amounts of 2.27 inches have been reported at Hoxie... and
2.03 inches at Lenora. More rainfall is expected over the same area
for the next two to three hours.
Runoff from this excessive rainfall will cause flash flooding to
occur. Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Angelus... Calvert... Densmore... Edmond... Hoxie... Lenora... Menlo...
Morland... New Almelo... Penokee... Saint Peter... Seguin... Studley and
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flooding is observed... act quickly. Do not
enter the water. Turn around and move up to higher ground. Do not
stay in areas subject to flooding when water begins rising.
A Flash Flood Warning means that flash flooding is imminent or
occurring. If you are in the warning area... move to higher ground
immediately. Residents living along streams and creeks should take
immediate precautions to protect life and property. Do not attempt to
cross swiftly flowing waters or waters of unknown depth by foot or by
Report flooding to the nearest law enforcement agency so that they
may take appropriate action to close flooded roadways. They will
relay your report to the National Weather Service in Goodland.
Lat... Lon 3913 10016 3913 10096 3925 10093 3949 10060
3976 10009 3988 9963 3959 9962
Statement as of 10:07 PM CDT on April 23, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on April 24, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 1 am CDT Thursday...
* timing... the winds will reach their peak over the next
two to three hours then decline overnight..
* winds... north 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Impacts... areas of blowing dust will occur near dry fields.
Driving high profile vehicles will be difficult.
The Kansas department of health and environment recommends that
you take preventative measures during this blowing dust
event... such as staying indoors or wearing protective breathing
masks if outside. High dust concentrations can cause respiratory
problems... decrease lung activity... aggravate asthma... and lead
to potential heart-related problems... especially with
children... elderly... or those with pre-existing respiratory
A Wind Advisory means that strong and gusty winds may affect
travel... especially light weight or high profile vehicles. Be
prepared for sudden wind gusts which may result in loss of
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Blowing Dust Advisory , Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Delaware - Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flash Flood Warning , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement
- Vermont - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Freeze Warning
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement